Mrs South Africa Makeup Artist Competition
Sormé Treatment Cosmetics is the official cosmetics brand to the 2016 Mrs South Africa Beauty Pageant.
Professional Makeup Artists!! Take your career to the next level by becoming an official makeup artist to the Mrs South Africa Beauty Pageant.
Use this incredible opportunity to network, grow your brand and be apart of this winning team. At the same time work alongside the biggest and best brands in South Africa and the world.
As one of the selected make up artist you will be awarded with Gold Sponsor status to the pageant! Gold Sponsors can claim full association to the event, which will ensure your abilities and artistry are recognised at the very highest level.
What does it mean to be a Mrs South Africa Beauty Pageant Makeup Artist?
Mrs South Africa Pty Ltd host numerous events in Gauteng and one event in Cape Town leading up to the Grand Finale in October 2016. In addition to these events several days are set aside for professional photo shoots with the participants. You will be working backstage at these events around the country with each of the finalists taking part in the 2016 pageant, providing your professional expertise! All makeup for the participants will be provided by Sormé Treatment Cosmetics.
How do I apply to become one of the Mrs South Africa's Beauty Pageant Makeup Artists?
It's easy! All you need to do is:
Email email@example.com and request a MUA Registration Application Form.
Fill out the MUA Registration Form and return it via email to the same email address. firstname.lastname@example.org
We will email you an invitation to our MUA Information Session that will be confirmed shortly.
Here you will meet with the Mrs South Africa Management Team and Sormè Treatment Cosmetics for an interactive information session to hear how you can use this platform to grow your brand, network with the industry professionals and be selected as an official Mrs SA MUA.
What's in it for me?
You will receive full association and can tell all your clients and potential clients that you are an official Mrs South Africa makeup artist. You can also use the Mrs South Africa logo on your marketing material.
You will receive Sormé Treatment Cosmetics product training and be accredited as a certified Sormé Certified Makeup Artist. Most importantly you can build your brand, portfolio, clientele and circle of influence amongst the industry professionals.
And to top it off Mrs South Africa has reserved a TV interview for the selected makeup artists!
What are the costs?
There is no cost to apply, other than your time and effort. You will also be required to travel to each of the four events at Emperors Palace in Johannesburg and one event in Cape Town. As one of the selected makeup artists you will have first choice to decide if you would like to be involved in the Cape Town Lifestyle Challenge. The Cape Town event is not compulsory.
The dates for the events you will be contracted to assist with makeup applications are:
- Friday 29th April 2016: CANSA Gala Dinner at Emperors Palace (Announce the top 25 finalists)
- Saturday 30th April 2016: Photo shoot with the top 25 finalists at Emperors Palace
- Monday 2nd May 2016: Top 25 finalists Makeup Workshop at Emperors Palace
- Saturday 2nd July to Tuesday 5th July: Lifestyle Challenge Weekend in Cape Town. 3 day event from the Saturday to the Monday.
- Friday 21st October 2016: Grand Finale evening. Announce Mrs South Africa, Princesses and Mrs Charity.
- Saturday 22nd October 2016: Photo shoot with the winners.
Each lady of the top 25 finalists host a Cuppa for CANSA charity event. Dates are to be confirmed. Should you be available and would like to assist with these events you are welcome to.
(In addition should other events not listed here come about and we are called on to provide our makeup services to the Mrs SA pageant then we may request your availability. You will be credited on social media and in publications that you are involved in.)
The more events that you get involved in the more exposure and networking you are capitalising on.
Can anyone enter?
Any qualified South African makeup artist may enter, however, we recommend that Gauteng based makeup artists take part as 4 out of the 5 events are in Gauteng. Entries from other parts of the country are welcome but do realise that the travel costs could be quite high for entrants outside of Gauteng.
Closing date for entries: 31st March 2016
Terms and Conditions Apply
Terms and Conditions of the Mrs South Africa Professional Make Up Artist Competition.
- This Competition is organised and run by Bagheera Pty Ltd, also known as Sormè Treatment Cosmetics South Africa in association with Mrs South Africa Beauty Pageant.
- By entering the Competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which will be interpreted by the Organisers and the Organisers decision regarding any issue will be final and binding and correspondence will not be entered into.
- The Prizes are not exchangeable for cash, and will not be transferable or negotiable.
- By entering this Competition the Entrants stand a chance of being selected to participate as a Professional Makeup Artist, using Sormè Treatment Cosmetics in the Mrs South Africa Beauty Pageant 2016 only.
- Entrants must live in the Republic of South Africa (“RSA”) and be in possession of a valid RSA Identity Book (“ID”).
- Entrants must have their own transport and drivers licence.
- Entrants are to be in good health and of a sound mind.
- Entrants must be available, upon request, at all official Mrs South Africa Beauty Pageants Events (Exact dates to be announced by the Organisers).
- Entrants must be available to complete accreditation training with Sormè Treatment Cosmetics South Africa on a selected day in in April 2016. Such training will be held in Johannesburg and is free of charge. Travel and accommodation costs will be for the Entrant’s account.
- The Entrants are to fill out an application form and email the form to: email@example.com.
- All entries must be received by the closing date the 31st March 2016.
- There is no charge to enter the competition.
- The Entrants shall be liable for their own costs to enter the Competition online and any other relating costs. The Organisers shall not be held liable for any technical errors.
- Eight winners will be selected by the professional quality of their social media platforms, interaction with clients and professional makeup artistry skills.
- Winners will be announced via Facebook, the Sormè website, the Mrs South Africa website, via email and then be contacted via telephone.
- The Organisers reserve the right to select an alternative winner in the event that they believe, in their sole discretion, that the selected winner has contravened any of these terms and conditions. The Organisers decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Organisers reserve the right to extend, reasonably shorten or suspend the time period of the Competition whenever is should so choose for technical, commercial, or operation reasons, or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the rules and/or terminate this Competition immediately at any stage, whether required as a result of changes in legislation, or if required by any national, provincial or municipal authority, or within the sole discretion of the company for any reason whatsoever. Notice of such termination shall be published on the Competition website. In such an event, all participants waive any rights that they many have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Organisers whatsoever.
- All Entrants to this Competition participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these terms and condition, the Entrant hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Organiser, their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the Competition and related events and activities save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence of willful misconduct of the Organiser.