Achieving an Express Makeup look with Sormé Treatment Cosmetics June 14, 2017 07:00
Applying makeup is very personal and in this modern day and age it needs to be quick, long lasting (so you don’t need to worry about it during the day) and easy to touch up. You want to look well-groomed and fabulously natural. The aim is to create a brighter, fresher appearance with multitasking formulas containing hydrating, anti-aging, skin brightening ingredients and 2-in-1 products that are time-savers.
Here are just 5 essential products to help you achieve an express professional result:
Let’s get started with foundation – we recommend our Treat and Tint Skin Perfecting BB Cream containing Argan oil for nourishing the skin, SPF 30 and a beautiful sheer cover. By using a BB Cream you are eliminating a moisturiser / primer and sun protection as it’s all included. This BB cream will give you a dewy look, and if required you can use a light powder to set it.
Beautiful Brows: Brows are HOT and the in thing! Well-shaped eyebrows can make a real difference to your look and take years off! They frame the face, open it up, and give the eyes definition. Have your brows shaped and tinted professionally by a brow specialist and from there you can maintain the shape yourself. Brow Pencil and Always Perfect Brows Shadow can fill in the gaps, by using short feathery strokes with the pencil or the angled brow brush and follow the pattern of the hair growth.
Luscious Lashes: No eyes are complete without a frame of perfectly defined lashes to flutter. For every day, use a mascara to colour, volumise (Extreme Volumizing Mascara) or lengthen (Ultra Lash Lengthening Mascara) your lashes. Black mascara defines the eyes like nothing else and works with any look. Dark brown mascara is generally softer and more flattering for mature faces. Don’t forget the bottom lashes too! Hold the wand vertically and sweep it from side to side over the lashes without touching your face.
Charming Cheeks: A pretty flush creates youthful radiance and makes you glow with vitality. Blush enhances face shape and emphasizes the cheekbones. Ensure that you choose a colour that is similar to your natural flush colour to keep the look natural and soft. You can always mix colours to get the perfect shade and depth. Remember that it’s always easier to add colour than remove it, so start with a little and build up the intensity with our Mineral Botanicals Blush.
Perfect Pout: Lip colour is one of the most fun and accessible areas of makeup and also one of the most noticeable. From pretty and natural through to classic and sophisticated, how we make up our lips can change our mood in an instant. Keep lips smooth and moisturised. Then choose a finish that you enjoy. Pale, glossy lips look full and healthy. They are flattering for most women, night or day. Choose a clear gloss or a slightly coloured one for a quick and easy on the go lip application. If you have a little extra time, colour your lips in with our Smearproof Lip Liner and then cover with our Lip Thick Plumping Lip Gloss. This will give your lipgloss a little more longevity and fullness.
5 simple steps for an express, natural look with a few essentials: BB Cream / Brow Pencil or Powder / Mascara / Blush and Lippies! Join us for monthly Introductory Skincare and Makeup Workshops on the 1st Saturday of each month, where we will teach you with our beautiful products how to balance your skin and create a beautiful day look.
A local is lekker review July 14, 2015 11:11
Sormè Ultimate Pro Tips – Eyes June 5, 2015 09:37
Flawless Application for Fabulous Eyes:
There is more to creating a flawless look than great makeup...using quality products help!! However, even an excellent product can be used poorly.
The goal of these articles is to give you the professional application tips and techniques to make the most of your desired Sormè looks. Here are some easy and simple steps to follow for that great flawless look. (Just like the professionals do it!)
Step One: The Basics of Shadows
- Basic looks contain three shades of Shadows: a base, a crease and a highlight.
- Base colours are light and provide an all over lid colour to blend into.
- Contour colours are dark and used to shape the eye in the crease.
- Accent colours are used on the lid itself and blended into the contour for added “oomph”
- Long Wearing Wet/Dry Shadows give a shear, buildable colour when dry, but a bolder colour when wet.
Step Two: Liners
- For a bolder look to your Pencil liner, powder it with a liner brush loaded with a matching shadow.
- For a blended / smudged look, line one eye at a time, taking the time to blend the line with a brush before moving on to the next.
- Liquid liner (Jet Liner) is meant to be used in long, fluid strokes. You cannot “sketch” on a liquid line without making a disastrous mess. Exactly! You need a very steady hand to apply this!
- When working with false lashes curl lashes and apply mascara first. Apply the lashes, and then apply liner to the new lash line.
A classic look can be accomplished with pencil or powder liner on the bottom, and a liquid liner on the upper lash line!
Step Three: Mascara
- For lush-looking lashes, comb them free of excess shadow before applying Mascara.
- Apply Mascara to the bottom lashes first, then the top.
- On the top lashes, apply Mascara from the base to the tip in an upward stroke, and then repeat a couple of times. (This would be done from under the lashes) Apply Mascara to the top of your lashes by looking slightly down and directing the wand from the base to the tips of your lashes.
- Use the “wiggle and twist” technique when applying Mascara to get the product to the base of the lash and then accentuate the natural curl of your lashes.
- If necessary, comb through the lashes again with a lash comb to separate clumped lashes.
- Combing lashes that have been dressed with a lengthening formula can counteract the illusion of length.
A heated eyelash curler is recommended for use after Mascara has been applied...and it will infuse your lashes with these conditioning ingredients!