Sormè Ultimate Pro Tips – Eyes June 05, 2015 09:37
Flawless Application for Fabulous Eyes:
There is more to creating a flawless look than great makeup...using quality products help!! However, even an excellent product can be used poorly.
The goal of these articles is to give you the professional application tips and techniques to make the most of your desired Sormè looks. Here are some easy and simple steps to follow for that great flawless look. (Just like the professionals do it!)
Step One: The Basics of Shadows
- Basic looks contain three shades of Shadows: a base, a crease and a highlight.
- Base colours are light and provide an all over lid colour to blend into.
- Contour colours are dark and used to shape the eye in the crease.
- Accent colours are used on the lid itself and blended into the contour for added “oomph”
- Long Wearing Wet/Dry Shadows give a shear, buildable colour when dry, but a bolder colour when wet.
Step Two: Liners
- For a bolder look to your Pencil liner, powder it with a liner brush loaded with a matching shadow.
- For a blended / smudged look, line one eye at a time, taking the time to blend the line with a brush before moving on to the next.
- Liquid liner (Jet Liner) is meant to be used in long, fluid strokes. You cannot “sketch” on a liquid line without making a disastrous mess. Exactly! You need a very steady hand to apply this!
- When working with false lashes curl lashes and apply mascara first. Apply the lashes, and then apply liner to the new lash line.
A classic look can be accomplished with pencil or powder liner on the bottom, and a liquid liner on the upper lash line!
Step Three: Mascara
- For lush-looking lashes, comb them free of excess shadow before applying Mascara.
- Apply Mascara to the bottom lashes first, then the top.
- On the top lashes, apply Mascara from the base to the tip in an upward stroke, and then repeat a couple of times. (This would be done from under the lashes) Apply Mascara to the top of your lashes by looking slightly down and directing the wand from the base to the tips of your lashes.
- Use the “wiggle and twist” technique when applying Mascara to get the product to the base of the lash and then accentuate the natural curl of your lashes.
- If necessary, comb through the lashes again with a lash comb to separate clumped lashes.
- Combing lashes that have been dressed with a lengthening formula can counteract the illusion of length.
A heated eyelash curler is recommended for use after Mascara has been applied...and it will infuse your lashes with these conditioning ingredients!